Ideal Systems was selected for the live sports production of Sharjah International Tour for Cycling, which took place in Middle East Emirate of Sharjah (UAE) from January 24th to 27th 2018.
The race is part of the UCI global cycling event’s calendar, with over 130 cyclists taking part from all over the world. Set across 4 different stages, it required different set-up’s each day for start and finish positions, covering a distance of approximately 400km.
Ideal Systems was awarded the contract, for all the live content of the races over the 4 days in various locations around Sharjah, both on the ground and in the air. To achieve this Ideal Systems mobilised a setup that included but was not limited to the following:
- Helicopter with cameraman/RF technician and Pilot doing aerial shots of the race using Cineflex camera
- Motor bikes with cameras and equipped with RF transmitters following cyclists live and taking direction from the director in the OB Van
- Beach Craft plane equipped with microwave Rx/Tx, linking the Motor bikes and helicopter back to the OB Van’s for video and intercom communications.
- Over 16 x Camera’s placed along each stage capturing mainly start and finish line shots
- Multiple drones with cameras, covering various stages of the race
- OB trucks at start and finish lines.
- SNG’s at start and finish lines
- On-Screen Graphics receiving live updates during the race.
- Over 55 crew members working on the production of the event